Two Ukrainian soldiers injured in night shelling in Donbas
Illegal armed groups have fired twice at the positions of the Ukrainian Armed Forces in Donbas since the beginning of the day on October 3, injuring two Ukrainian servicemen, spokesman for the press center of the anti-terrorist operation (ATO) headquarters Anatoliy Stelmakh has said.
"Our positions have come under fire twice since the beginning of the day. This is the Avdiyivka industrial zone where the enemy used large-caliber machine guns and small arms. At about 01.00, the enemy opened fire from grenade launchers near Hnutove. Our military returned fire from grenade launchers. Two of our servicemen were injured as a result of this confrontation today," he told the 112 Ukraine television channel on Tuesday.
According to him, reports on civilian casualties during yesterday's shelling of residential areas are being specified.
Earlier on Tuesday, a report by the press center of the ATO headquarters said that illegal armed groups had violated the ceasefire 17 times since the beginning of the day, on October 3, and that there were no losses among Ukrainian troops.