Prosecutors block Naftogazvydobuvannia operation for third time
The Ukrainian Prosecutor General's Office (PGO) has blocked PrJSC Naftogazvydobuvannia from operating for the third time in the past two months, the company's press service has reported.
Agreeing with a claim filed by prosecutors, Kyiv's Pechersk district court ruled in favor of seizing the company's property and accounts, and banned the sale of natural gas and gas condensate produced by the company.
Naftogazvydobuvannia says it considers that the actions of the PGO and judges were coordinated to prevent the company's legitimate operations.
The press service stressed that Kyiv's court of appeals on May 28 withdrew the seizures and bans, which had been systematically imposed by Pechersk district court on the company since March 30. However, on the same day when all the restrictions were lifted, and even before the end of the consideration of the appeal, the PGO lodged a new claim with Pechersk district court to seize the company's property and ban gas sales.
According to Naftogazvydobuvannia, the examination of requests for the seizures and bans started at 18:47 Kyiv time on Friday, May 29, while officially the working day of Pechersk district court lasted until 15:45 Kyiv time. Judge Svitlana Volkova at 21:54 Kyiv time ruled on new restrictions on the company.
"What is more, the reasoning [of the case] uses the facts Kyiv's court of appeals has twice recognized as groundless," the company's press service said.
According to the company, the judge did not take into account the newly discovered facts related to the former chairman of Naftogazvydobuvannia's board Oleh Seminsky, who submitted a written statement to Pechersk district court, the court of appeals and the PGO that he does not have any financial or other claims against Naftogazvydobuvannia, and sees no reason for the company’s assets, bank accounts and products to be seized.
"As of today, there are good reasons to believe that the actions of officials from the Prosecutor General's Office and judges of the Kyiv-based Pechersk district court have got coordinated with the aim to prevent the legitimate activities of the company and make it cease operations completely. In this regard, we assume that new provocations and claims against Naftogazvydobuvannia may appear soon," Director General of PrJSC Naftogazvydobuvannia Ihor Schurov said.
The company says it will continue to challenge Pechersk district court's ruling in the court of appeals, but even if the court of appeals once again confirms that the company's work is blocked illegitimately, there is a high probability that prosecutors will again attempt to enact the seizures and bans through Pechersk district court.
"Thus, the company has in fact become unable to protect its legitimate rights and interests in Ukraine. The company is preparing an appeal to be submitted to international courts," the press service said.
Naftogazvydobuvannia is the largest private gas company in Ukraine. Its main shareholder is DTEK energy holding.