Korban still a suspect in a number of cases, his procedural status could be changed – PGO chief
The Prosecutor General's Office (PGO) does not yet have enough evidence to serve a notice of suspicion to the former leader of the Ukrop Party, businessman Hennadiy Korban, but he is still a suspect in a number of cases, and his procedural status could be changed, Ukraine's Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko has said.
"The court found him [Korban] guilty, the verdict came into legal force, that is, at that time Korban was deprived of liberty in a legal way, through a suspended sentence, so he is tried from a legal point of view," he said on the HARD program on the ZIK television channel on Wednesday, December 13, while commenting on Korban's return to Ukraine.
At the same time, Lutsenko said that a number of other criminal proceedings, in which Korban was listed, had been analyzed.
"At the moment, we do not see enough evidence to serve him a notice of suspicion," he said.
At the same time, Lutsenko added: "In several cases he [Korban] is still a suspect. If we have enough evidence, I do not rule out that in these cases there may be a change in his procedural status."