NSDC says no confirmed info about possible use of Russian military in Ukraine on July 15
The Ukrainian National Security and Defense Council (NSDC) does not currently have confirmed reports about Russia's alleged intention to use its special troops in Ukraine on July 15.
"We still do not have clear and confident information that what you said will begin on July 15," NSDC information center speaker Andriy Lysenko said at a briefing on Monday, while answering questions from reporters.
Earlier on Monday, the head of the Center for Military and Political Studies and coordinator of the Information Resistance group (sprotyv.info), Dmytro Tymchuk, said that confirmation had been received of the penetration into Ukraine of Russian special forces units.
"Last weekend we received exhaustive confirmation, and we can say with confidence: special forces units are arriving in the Rostov region – these are reconnaissance and subversive groups of the special forces of the Russian main intelligence directorate," Tymchuk said.
"According to our information, the commanders of subunits are focused on their entry into Ukraine on [July] 15, and this date has repeatedly been mentioned in the information that we received," he added.