Twenty-two suspects in Maidan shooting probe on wanted list, 13 others to be declared wanted – Ukraine prosecutor
Twenty-two suspects in the criminal inquiry into mass killings in central Kyiv last winter are on a wanted list and 13 others will be declared wanted, said Ukraine's prosecutor general, Vitaliy Yarema.
"We have tracked down the coordinators, who are looking for the suspects. There are 22 suspects on the wanted list and 13 are expected to be declared wanted after investigative actions have been carried through," Yarema said at a press conference in Kyiv on Monday.
Yarema also said that positive results would be achieved soon after the search is over, and that "all those guilty will be prosecuted."
The Prosecutor General's Office, the National Security Service and the Interior Ministry have set up a joint group of 83 investigators, he said.
Reports said earlier that the Prosecutor General's Office was investigating the mass shooting of people in Kyiv on February 18-20. Several suspects have been detained.
According to Yarema, 74 peaceful protesters, 12 policemen, 180 others citizens and more than 180 law enforcement personnel sustained gunshot wounds.
Deputy Prosecutor General and chief of the Main Investigative Department Oleh Zalisko said that 1,167 criminal cases in which 77 people figure as suspects, were under investigation as of November 19. He also said that 67 people were killed with gunfire in central Kyiv on February, 184 sustained gunshot wounds and over 750 suffered bodily injuries.