Nearly 450 people involved in illegal armed groups detained in Donbas over past 3.5 months
Some 449 persons involved in illegal armed formations have been detained in the area of the Joint Forces Operation (JFO) in Donbas since its beginning on April 30, Joint Forces Commander Serhiy Nayev has said.
"Structural subdivisions of the Joint Forces, including law enforcement and reconnaissance capabilities, carried out significant work to identify individuals who are taking part in hostilities on the side of the Russian occupation forces. Some of them have already been detained on Ukrainian territory and brought to justice, and another part was finally neutralized," Nayev said at a press conference in Severodonetsk (Luhansk region) on Thursday.
He also said that since the beginning of the JFO the number of roadblocks in Donetsk and Luhansk regions had been reduced from 147 to 43, six of which are mobile.
In addition, 1,500 hectares of area, about 30 kilometers of roads and almost 15 hectares of the sea have been checked for explosive items over this period.
"In less than three months, the units of the Joint Forces discovered and destroyed over 64,000 explosive items," Nayev said.
He recalled that the main goal of the JFO is the creation of safe conditions for the multi-vector revival of Donbas, the restoration of the rule of law and complete cessation of hostilities.
"In a fairly short time we managed to give people the confidence that the achievement of peace in Donbas is quite realistic, and this reality will come very soon," Nayev said.
Еще по теме