18:06 05.05.2018

SBU cannot reveal whereabouts of Lusvarghi – SBU spokeswoman

1 min read
SBU cannot reveal whereabouts of Lusvarghi – SBU spokeswoman

 Ukraine's SBU Security Service cannot reveal the whereabouts of Rafael Lusvarghi, the 33-year old Brazilian man who fought for the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic, but said it would ensure he appears at trial," SBU Spokeswoman Olena Hitlianska has said.

"Because Lusvarghi is registered at the Pavlohrad city court of Dnipropetrovsk region, only that court can decide whether to remand him to custody," she said.

She canceled that SBU had already informed the prosecutor's office about the circumstances that must be taken into account when choosing a preventive measure. .

Kyiv-based 112.Ukraine TV said the court rescheduled consideration of a hearing on pretrial confinement from June 6 to May 7.

As earlier reported, members of radical nationalist groups, including National Corps and C14, on May 4, 2018 escorted Lusvarghi to SBU headquarters in Kyiv. Members of the groups looked for and found the Brazilian days after U.S. government-funded Radio Free Liberty/Radio Europe published a feature story about the former so-called separatist, including his living arrangements in Kyiv.

Kyiv's prosecutor's office said on May 4 that it would ask the court to remand Lusvarghi to pretrial confinement.

AD
Загрузка...
AD
AD
AD
AD
AD
AD

UKR.NET- новости со всей Украины

AD