Kyiv reports loss of 8 servicemen in Donbas: 3 injuries in combat and 5 non-combat losses
The Ukrainian Armed Forces suffered losses among personnel in the anti-terrorist operation (ATO) zone in Donbas, Ukraine's Chief Military Prosecutor Anatoliy Matios said.
"There are currently losses of eight servicemen at the frontline," Matios said on Facebook.
Matios said later: "I confirm that there were three injuries in combat and five non-combat losses, such as a suicide and four servicemen that were killed in an incident with mishandling an RDG-5 hand grenade. This is war and its consequences are scary."
At the same time, the Ukrainian Defense Ministry spokesman Oleksandr Motuzianyk said that the Ukrainian Armed Forces only lost a serviceman injured in hostilities in Donbas as of 4:30 p.m. on Friday.
Motuzianyk also told Interfax-Ukraine commenting on information from Matios on the Ukrainian Armed Forces' loss of eight servicemen that he receives latest updates only on combat losses from the ATO zone in Donbas, and the complete information regarding the events today will be made public at a briefing on Saturday.
Motuzianyk said a briefing in Kyiv earlier on Friday that no Ukrainian servicemen were killed and three servicemen were injured in hostilities in the past 24 hours.