Kyiv receives note from Moscow on sending another humanitarian convoy to Donbas
Kyiv received a note from the Russian Foreign Ministry on April 11 notifying it about the intention to send another humanitarian convoy to Donbas, Ukrainian Foreign Ministry spokesman Yevhen Perebyinis said.
"The Ukrainian Foreign Ministry received a note from the Russian Foreign Ministry on April 11 on Russia's intention to send another such cargo to the Donetsk and Luhansk regions of Ukraine on April 16. We have repeatedly pointed it out to Russia that previously such humanitarian cargo was transported to Ukrainian territory illegally, without the Ukrainian government's consent, and in violation of national law and commonly recognized international practices," Perebyinis said at a news briefing on Wednesday.
Ukraine recommended that the cargo be delivered by rail through checkpoints controlled by competent Ukrainian bodies in the Kharkiv and Luhansk regions to carry out the necessary border and customs control procedures, he said.
"It was also said that the contents of the humanitarian cargo must be brought into line with Ukrainian law, in particular, as concerns excised goods that are not listed as humanitarian aid," he said.
Ukraine still believes that the fact that Russia systematically ignores Ukraine's legitimate demands seriously challenges the international security system, he said.
It was reported earlier that the Russian Emergency Situations Ministry had been preparing to send the 24th humanitarian convoy made up of over 120 vehicles to deliver more than 1,400 tonnes of humanitarian cargo to Donbas.