15:02 03.07.2014

Government forces continue to free towns and capture gunmen's weapons and equipment in eastern Ukraine - NSDC

2 min read
Government forces continue to free towns and capture gunmen's weapons and equipment in eastern Ukraine - NSDC

The anti-terrorist operation (ATO) forces are successfully freeing the settlements seized by illegal armed groups, destroying and seizing weapons and equipment of militants, the spokesman of the information analytical center at the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine (NSDC), Andriy Lysenko, has said.

"We are winning, and thanks to the successful actions of the anti-terrorist operation forces we're approaching the time when our land will be cleared of militants and mercenaries who bring death and destruction to Ukrainian citizens," he said at a briefing on Thursday.

He said that the settlements of Zakotne, Raihorodok, Riznykivka and Rai-Oleksandrivka in the Donetsk region had been put under control.

"The settlement of Mykolaivka will soon be transferred to the control of the Ukrainian military. This will help cut off the sources of supply of materiel and ammunition to terrorists from the east," Lysenko said.

Also, on July 2, paratroopers seized from the rebels an armored KamAZ truck of the latest modification. Some 33 boxes of 20-mm mines, four Russian-made 2C-12 mortar systems, a Shmel man-portable rocket launcher, an AGS 17 automatic grenade launcher, two MANPADS and dozens of machine guns were found in its trailer. Another unit of paratroopers during a well-planned operation on the same day captured a large amount of small arms, which was stored at a base of militants.

Lysenko also said that a convoy of five KamAZ trucks carrying militants who tried to break through the cordons of the ATO forces had been destroyed in the south of the Donetsk region. The terrorists' anti-aircraft guns and an ammunition depot were also destroyed near Sloviansk.

AD
Загрузка...
AD
AD
AD
AD
AD
AD

UKR.NET- новости со всей Украины

AD