Ukrainian travel operator News Travel suspends work
The Ukrainian travel operator News Travel stopped sending clients to vacation destinations on January 17, 2015, the operator said on its website.
"Among the reasons for this involuntary decision is a dramatic decline in demand and the purchasing power because of a sharp increase in forex rates and the negative political situation over the past year," the report says.
All tourists currently staying abroad have been provided with tickets to return home, it says.
News Travel also recommended that travel agencies having valid client contracts with the travel operator notify their clients of the cancellation of all tours starting January 17, including those documents on which have already been issued to the clients.
To get refunds on the tours that have been booked and paid for, travel agencies will have to draw up a package of documents in line with a procedure described on the travel operator's website. The refunds will be paid within 14 working days from the moment the documents are submitted.
News Travel said its regional offices are not working now, and the tourists who earlier submitted their passports for visas can receive them once they come from consulate offices.
It was reported earlier that, after clients of the Iltour travel operator started experiencing problems with accommodation in Turkey and Bulgaria in June 2014, the Ukrainian Association of Tourist Business Leaders proposed setting up a coordinating center for providing urgent aid to Ukrainian tourists abroad.