Declaration of the Civil initiative "Donbass-Donbass" participants
7 years of war in Donbass!
In 7 years a national dialogue on ways of ending the war and peaceful settlement has not truly been established.
A part of Ukraine, Donetsk and Lugansk region territories, has been destroyed by military equipment, bombardments, lives have been ruined along with the future of millions of people.
Tens of thousands of victims. Economic decline. An ecological and humanitarian catastrophe threat. Poverty. Absence of a stable future for children.
This destructive war continues to wreck lives, frontlines have made Donbass a huge black hole. A fragile state of the ceasefire and the emerging now and then battles ruin any hope for a better tomorrow. The COVID-19 pandemic, which hit Donbass, along with the whole world, makes the existing situation even worse.
A whole generation of young Ukrainians, that is growing up, have never known peace. Thousands of children started school or graduated to the sounds of shooting.
All of us and hundreds of thousands of our neighbors were forced to leave their homes in search for shelter, aid and safety beyond their native land. In the aftermath, we have a humiliating status of "refugees" and "temporarily relocated people".
Today Donbass is a "bloody political toy" in the hands of certain words leaders, who govern the future of millions of Ukrainian citizens, while being indifferent to the people's lives.
We are certain that if the international negotiations are disrupted and we stop taking gradual little steps to Donbass peace the consequences both for Donbass and for Ukraine as a whole will be catastrophic.
The Donbass war became a profit source and a stepping stone for some politicians’ and parties' career, who get their power at the cost of people’s lives.
Whatever is suggested by a whole lot of different politicians, we are sure that the future of Donbass should be negotiated taking into consideration opinions of the region inhabitants and representatives.
After all, millions of Donbass people on both sides of the confrontation line should have a right to determine their region's future as peaceful and economically developed, as an integral part of Ukraine.
We consider it our mission to consolidate all healthy powers, to establish an open dialogue in order to find a peace formula and new future for Ukrainian Donbass.
We announce our initiative to unite all volunteers to work on the idea of Peaceful Donbass.
We are establishing a nation-wide civil movement "Donbass-Donbass" that will find a way out of the current bloody dead end.
Our aims: to promote the peace negotiations acceleration, to engage more participants in the talks; to propose new and additional ways in order to create a stable peaceful life in the country, to avoid a humanitarian and ecological catastrophe in Donbass, to reestablish social and economic ties; to require renewal and provision of constitutional rights of citizens etc.
We encourage deputies of all kinds, business representatives, all citizens and humanitarian organisations to join our movement and actively participate. We encourage all peaceful forces to unite!
We are ready for a dialogue and active participation in the peace process on all levels.
We are certain: economic and social growth of Ukraine as a united, sovereign, independent state begins with a peace in Donbass!
Donbass needs Ukraine, Ukraine needs Donbass!
Peace is possible!
1. Adamov Boris, doctor of economics, prof., member of board of NGO "Native community - Home Donbass"
2. Batyuk Oleg, lawyer, human rights activist, deputy head of public association "Legal Donbass"
3. Bakhteeva Tatyana, honored doctor of Ukraine, doctor of medical sciences, chairman of NGO " Native community - Home Donbass "
4. Bondik Valeriy, honored lawyer of Ukraine
5. Buzarov Andrey, consultant for Committee on human rights, de-occupation and reintegration of temporarily occupied territories in Donetsk, Luhansk regions and the Autonomous Republic of Crimea, the city of Sevastopol, national minorities and interethnic relations
6. Guba Sergey, consultant for Committee on human rights, de-occupation and reintegration of temporarily occupied territories in Donetsk, Luhansk regions and the Autonomous Republic of Crimea, the city of Sevastopol, national minorities and interethnic relations
7. Dzhangutinov Marik, head of the "Community of Kazakh culture of Donbass"
8. Iermolaev Andrey, philosopher, head of the Strategic group "Sofia"
9. Iermolaev Dmitry, philosopher, editor-in-chief of the magazine "Event Horizons", expert of the Strategic group "Sofia"
10. Zaichikov Sergey, head, NGO "New politics in Donbass"
11. Kuzyara Sergiy, mining engineer, MBA, Ph.D.
12. Sednev Yuri, lawyer, Major General
13. Skok Viktor, lawyer, co-founder of the NGO "Institute for the development of society through law"
14. Shcherbina Viktor, Sc.D. sociology., prof., deputy head of the Strategic group "Sofia"