14:59 24.10.2012

Criminal case on Dnipropetrovsk terrorist attacks sent to court, says deputy prosecutor general

1 min read
Criminal case on Dnipropetrovsk terrorist attacks sent to court, says deputy prosecutor general

The investigation into the April bombings in Dnipropetrovsk has been completed, and the case has been sent to the Higher Specialized Court of Ukraine, Deputy Prosecutor General Viktor Voitsyshen said.

"The case has been completed and sent to the Higher Specialized Court," he said at a press conference in Dnipropetrovsk on Wednesday.

On April 27, 2012, four explosions occurred in a one-hour span in Dnipropetrovsk, injuring 31 people, including 10 teenagers, with 26 victims being hospitalized. All of the explosive devices were planted in concrete trash containers.

On May 31, senior officials in the Interior Ministry and the Prosecutor General's Office stated that two suspects had been arrested for allegedly demanding $4.5 million, otherwise they threatened to continue the explosions. It emerged on June 1 that four people had been arrested. All of them have been remanded in custody by the court while the investigation is ongoing.

It was found later that one of them, Viktor Sukachov, is a senior political science professor at the National University of Dnipropetrovsk, and the second one, Vitaliy Fedoriak, is an assistant professor of political science.

On June 11, the SBU said that the four suspects were charged with terrorist attack.

Загрузка...
Завантаження...
AD
AD
AD
AD
Завантаження...
AD