16:57 29.11.2017

NBU says no new bids for approval to buy Ukrainian Sberbank

2 min read

The National Bank of Ukraine (NBU) has not received any packages of documents so far for approval to buy a significant stake in PJSC Sberbank (Kyiv), except for those got earlier, the press service of the central bank has told Interfax-Ukraine.

The NBU noted the central bank on July 28, 2017 decided to refuse businessman Grigory Guselnikov and the son of Russneft owner Mikhail Gutseriev, Said, approval for the acquisition of significant participation in PJSC Sberbank.

Belarusian businessman Viktor Prokopenya was also interested in buying the bank. His company VP Capital in early July filed an application to the NBU to purchase Ukrainian Sberbank, but at the end of the same month withdrew it.

NBU Deputy Head Yekateryna Rozhkova in mid-September 2017 reported one foreign investor is interested in buying the Ukrainian subsidiary of Sberbank of Russia. According to her, the person submitted a letter of intent to the NBU. At the same time, the potential buyer did not submit a package of documents to the NBU for approval.

Mass media on November 28 reported that businessman Valeriy Khoroshkovsky was interested in buying the Ukrainian subsidiary of Sberbank of Russia and the corresponding deal could be closed in the first quarter of 2018.

According to Article 34 of the law on banks and banking activities, the NBU considers the relevant documents within three months from the date of receipt of the full package.

Загрузка...
Завантаження...
AD
AD
AD
AD
Завантаження...
AD