16:41 18.01.2018

lifecell denies involvement in launching base stations seized by militants in occupied Donbas

1 min read
lifecell denies involvement in launching base stations seized by militants in occupied Donbas

The lifecell mobile communications operator has said that it could not launch its base stations remaining in the anti-terrorist operation (ATO) zone in occupied Donbas without the equipment of the core of the network that was removed in 2014, the operator's press service has told Interfax-Ukraine.

"lifecell has not provided services in nongovernment controlled area in Donetsk region for almost a year and has nothing to do with the launch of the seized base stations," the report says.

The company said that from the time the equipment was removed from the occupied area to February 22, 2017, lifecell had managed its base stations in the uncontrolled territories of Donetsk and Luhansk regions remotely from other regions.

"After communications was blocked in ORDLO, the work of our equipment, which functioned without service, has been blocked," the operator's press service said.

Earlier reports in the media said that lifecell equipment had been connected to enhance the capacity of the Phoenix mobile operator, which operates on territories beyond Kyiv's control.

In 2015, Kyivstar's equipment in occupied Donbas was seized and transferred to the so-called "DPR communications ministry," which subsequently reported the launch of the Phoenix local mobile communications operator.

AD
Загрузка...
AD
AD
AD
AD
AD

UKR.NET- новости со всей Украины

AD