Korolevska withdraws her presidential bid - CEC
Ex-minister of social policy of Ukraine Natalia Korolevska has submitted to the Central Election Commission the statement about the withdrawal of her candidacy for the president of Ukraine.
Korolevska submitted her statement to the CEC at 1130 on Thursday, the press service of the CEC told Interfax-Ukraine.
No other presidential candidates have submitted similar statements so far, the commission said.
The presidential elections in Ukraine are scheduled for May 25, 2014. A total 23 candidates were registered by the CEC.
According to the schedule, midnight of May 1 is the deadline for the presidential candidates to pull out from the race.
The CEC is to approve the ballot for the presidential elections in Ukraine on May 2 at the latest.
Ukrainian presidential candidate and former member of the Party of Regions Oleh Tsariov announced earlier that he decided to withdraw his presidential candidacy and urged other candidates representing the interests of southeast Ukrainians to follow suit by boycotting the election.