Ukrainian Bar Association welcomes you to participate in the First International Conference on Agrarian Law
Ukrainian Bar Association welcomes you to participate in the First International Conference on Agrarian Law, organized in partnership with the Agrarian Law Section of the International Bar Association.
Date and place: September, 23, 2021, online, 15.00-18.30 Kyiv time
Date and place: September, 24, 2021, Radisson Blu Hotel, 22, Yaroslaviv Val str. Kyiv, Ukraine, 09.30-18.30 Kyiv time
Attention! Pre-registration is required for participation
The Conference is a platform and a unique opportunity to discuss current legal issues in agriculture, to find solutions to current challenges, to form the capacity to protect rights in the agricultural business and, of course, to exchange experiences.
The Conference will bring together representatives of the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine, the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), EBRD, the World Bank, major international and local investors in the agricultural sector, top legal advisers of leading agricultural companies and recognized national and international experts in agrarian law.
Extensive program with hot topics, exclusive analytics and perspectives, opportunity to exchange valuable experiences and to establish business contacts.
** The Conference will comply with all norms of the Adaptive Quarantine.
1 Day of the Online Conference
Date and time: September 23, 2021 (online) 15.00-18.30 (Kyiv time)
Liberalization of the land market. Best practices of land reform
- World experience in land reform: comparative study of best world practices
- Opening of the Ukrainian land market: new opportunities and first results
Climate change. Green deal. Sustainable development
- Impact of climate change on agriculture and food security
- Benefits of sustainable development in agriculture and its impact on sustainable production and transport
Technology, agriculture, and trade
- Responsible use of high-tech products
- GMO regulation in the agricultural sector: overview and trends of GMO from a global perspective
- Food export to the EU: market access - paperwork - quality requirements
- Blockchain: technical and practical aspects
2 Day of the Conference
Date and Time: September 24, 2021 (off-line), 09:30 -18:30 (Kyiv time)
Place: Radisson Blu Hotel, 22 Yaroslaviv Val str. Kyiv, Ukraine
Focus of topics
Agricultural land market
- Results of opening of agricultural land market
- Land consolidation
- Problems of implementation of lessees' privileges
- Participation of Ukrainian and foreign players on agricultural land market
- Emergence of new players
- Legal difficulties in concluding contracts for the disposal of agricultural land
- Legal and practical possibility of an acquisition of pre-emptive rights
International trade and dispute resolution
- Added value or increased trade volume
- Local and international risks to trade
- Statutory regulation vs. market
- GAFTA rules and arbitration for contracts in Ukraine
- Crop disputes
- Capital investments in infrastructure
- Irrigation reform
- Law on inland water transport
Technology in the agribusiness
- Meteorological and smart agroecology
- Novelties: ragged exports, twists, shady rentals
- Best practices.
All speeches by foreign experts will be provided with synchronized interpretation.
PARTICIPATION AND PARTNERSHIP MATTERS
+ 38 (044) 492-88-48
Tatiana Osaulenko - event coordinator
MEDIA COVERAGE AND ACCREDITATION:
+ 38 (044) 492-88-48
Yuliya Matvyeyeva – PR and international partnership coordinator
Interfax –Ukraine – event media partner