ORLO ready to transfer 50 prisoners convicted before 2014 to govt-controlled area – Frisch
Representatives of some areas of Luhansk region (ORLO) have announced their readiness to transfer to the territory controlled by the Ukrainian government the prisoners who were convicted prior to the beginning of the military conflict in the Donbas in 2014, OSCE SMM Coordinator Toni Frisch has said.
He said at a briefing in Kyiv on Thursday that he had heard there were 50 people who want to be moved to the government-controlled territory. There will be more of them after an important step is taken by ORLO, he added.
Frisch said that ORLO representatives had confirmed to him their readiness to move these persons.
In addition, Frisch noted that convicts had been transferred from some areas of Donetsk region (ORDO) since 2015, and about 200 people have been moved so far from temporarily occupied territories.