On Tuesday 28,893 people evacuated through safe corridors – Zelensky
Over the past 24 hours, with the help of humanitarian corridors, 28,893 Ukrainians were rescued from the combat areas of Sumy, Kharkiv and Donetsk regions, President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky said in a video message at the night on Wednesday.
"I hope that on Wednesday the long-awaited rescue of people from the city of Izium in Kharkiv region will take place. The humanitarian corridor has been agreed," he said.
Of those rescued on Tuesday 20,000 were able to leave Mariupol, Zelensky said. So far only by own transport.
"There will be a difficult situation. We are fighting for you. I'm sorry, it's very complicated. The Ukrainian convoy with humanitarian cargo is still constantly blocked by Russian soldiers on the road to the city. But we will not give up trying to save people, save the city," the president said.
Advertising
Advertising
MORE ABOUT
Number of front clashes in March decreased by quarter compared to February, but number of shellings significantly increased
19:14, 01.04.2025
Zelenskyy thanks Special Operations Forces for effective defeat of Russian soldiers, equipment
20:52, 30.01.2025
Khortytsia group: Situation in Pokrovsk axis is tense, very dynamic
20:02, 13.01.2025
Moldova covers electricity shortage with imports from Romania - Energocom
20:25, 02.01.2025
Ukraine preparing legal response to situation in Georgia
20:18, 04.12.2024
LATEST
AFU General Staff: Defense Forces adhere to terms of 'energy truce,' strike solely at military targets of occupiers
21:10, 03.04.2025
Sybiha thanks South Korean FM for $100 mln in aid to Ukraine
21:07, 03.04.2025
Zelenskyy hears military's report on progress of Kursk operation
20:49, 03.04.2025
SBU reports in absentia suspicion of seizure of Zaporizhia NPP to three Russian generals, their accomplices
20:47, 03.04.2025
Sybiha at NATO will talk about pressure on Russia to force it to start real dialogue, about security guarantees