PGO ensures execution of court sentence on special confiscation of UAH 195 mln laundered in drug trade
Prosecutors of the Prosecutor General's Office (PGO) ensured the execution of a verdict on a special confiscation of UAH 195 million from an organized criminal group that was selling drugs on the territory of other states via the Internet.
"The pretrial investigation established that one of the members of the criminal organization was for the legalization of funds illegally obtained from the sale of narcotic drugs. On February 25, 2020, on the basis of an agreement, the court issued a verdict, which found him guilty of all the alleged crimes," the press service of the Prosecutor General's Office said on Tuesday.
According to the verdict, the funds that were laundered from the drug trade were subject to special confiscation.
"After the verdict entered into force, these funds were transferred to the state budget in July 2020," the statement says.
The PGO said about UAH 9 million were previously confiscated from members of this organized criminal group.
Advertising
Advertising
MORE ABOUT
Commander of 211th pontoon bridge brigade arrested with the right of posting UAH 12 mln bail – PGO
18:14, 30.12.2024
More than 8,000 military personnel, who voluntarily left military unit, return to service
20:07, 05.12.2024
Appeal’s court leaves suspect in Farion’s murder under arrest without right to post bail
20:35, 05.08.2024
PGO: Suspicion of Olenivka colony leadership is first result of investigation into mass murder of Ukrainian POWs
13:44, 29.07.2024
PGO: Medvedchuk's yacht in Croatia seized indefinitely
16:59, 23.07.2024
LATEST
Work on contingent as part of security guarantees carried out not only with UK, France, to continue for another month – Zelenskyy
21:02, 04.04.2025
Nova Poshta to open 135 new branches in Europe by late 2025 – CEO of Nova Post Europe
21:00, 04.04.2025
Meeting of Chiefs of Staff of Ukraine, UK and France marks start of new important work – Zelenskyy
20:56, 04.04.2025
Zelenskyy: Six children among 14 killed in Kryvy Rih
20:26, 04.04.2025
Death toll in Kryvy Rih missile strike rises to 14, incl 5 children