A separate special-purpose unit "Azov" has returned to the forefront in the Joint Forces Operation (JFO) zone in the east of Ukraine, the press service of Azov said on Friday.
"The soldiers of our unit returned to the frontlines of the war for the independence of Ukraine, and together with their brothers from the Armed Forces, carry out combat instructions in the JFO zone according to the orders of the High Command. This case is unique, because for the first time in recent years, the National Guard unit has defended Ukraine having nothing and we are proud that this division is Azov," the statement reads.
Azov said the last year was not easy for the special unit. The unit in Mariupol sector lost three fighters. Azov said these casualties "strengthened the spirit of the Azov members and increased their enthusiasm for the further struggle for the Motherland.
Advertising
Advertising
MORE ABOUT
Some 850 Azov fighters in Russian captivity for over two and half years – brigade commander
15:39, 31.12.2024
Intl organizations never had, still have no access to captivated Azov fighters – serviceman
17:38, 01.11.2024
Thirty-four Azov fighters return from captivity – brigade commander
12:21, 19.10.2024
Azov commander congratulates his soldiers on lifting of US ban on transfer of weapons
16:35, 15.06.2024
USA lifts ban on supply of weapons for Azov brigade – media
11:20, 11.06.2024
LATEST
Zelenskyy stresses importance of visit to Kyiv of Chiefs of Staff of France and Great Britain
16:55, 05.04.2025
Poroshenko: Ukraine needs national unity in power, competent and professional negotiating delegation
16:40, 05.04.2025
Yermak-McFaul Group develops 3 comprehensive Action Plans, 18 separate recommendations in three years
16:07, 05.04.2025
Zelenskyy: It is important that Russian strike on people in Kryvy Rih doesn't remain without world reaction
15:43, 05.04.2025
Commanders-in-Chief of Armed Forces of France and UK discuss security guarantees, strengthening Ukrainian army in Kyiv