Eighty-five people killed, 384 injured in Donbas conflict in 2017
OSCE SMM Principal Deputy Chief Monitor Alexander Hug 85 has said that 85 people have been killed and 384 injured in Donbas since the beginning of 2017.
"This year so far, the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission has confirmed the death of 85 people and the injury of 384," Hug said at a briefing in Kyiv on Friday.
At the same time, he said that between 16.00 on Monday and 16.00 on Tuesday this week, the OSCE SMM recorded over 7,000 ceasefire violations.
"We are in fact currently witnessing such a pattern - a downward spiral of violence that last week resulted in over 16,000 ceasefire violations recorded by the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission, a 40% increase on the previous week," he said.
According to Hug, observers have recorded almost 400,000 ceasefire violations since the beginning of 2017.
Advertising
Advertising
MORE ABOUT
Sybiha congratulates Finland on OSCE chairmanship in 2025
15:56, 01.01.2025
Kuleba calls on participants of OSCE Annual Conference to resolve Russian crisis for sake of future of Europe
19:39, 26.06.2024
Kuleba welcomes report of OSCE Moscow Mechanism on arbitrary detention of Ukrainian civilians by Russia
17:48, 25.04.2024
OSCE PA President speaks in Rada – MPs
13:23, 06.02.2024
Zelenskyy, OSCE Chair-in-Office discuss release of Ukrainian POWs, return of children deported to Russia
19:34, 02.02.2024
LATEST
Official injured in car explosion in Dnipro dies in hospital, case opened under ‘terrorist act’ article
14:14, 04.04.2025
Sybiha meets with Rubio, informs him about Russia's violation of energy ceasefire
13:44, 04.04.2025
Nova Poshta opens branch in Madrid
13:44, 04.04.2025
Trump-Putin talk could take place in coming days – media
13:17, 04.04.2025
US Ambassador Brink: USA trains over 2,000 specialists, provides necessary equipment for demining Ukrainian territories