The process of the disengagement of forces at three previously negotiated areas in Donbas is far from the completion and has stalled a long ago, Principal Deputy Chief Monitor of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission (SMM) to Ukraine Alexander Hug said.
The process of the disengagement of forces and hardware, which is one of the key elements in stopping an escalation of violence, is far from the full implementation, according to the OSCE SMM's observations last week, Hug said at a briefing in Kyiv on Friday. In truth, the process has stalled a long ago, he said.
There is no progress in the disengagement of forces near Stanytsia Luhanska, while violations are often observed in two other areas, Hug said.
Advertising
Advertising
MORE ABOUT
Sybiha congratulates Finland on OSCE chairmanship in 2025
15:56, 01.01.2025
Kuleba calls on participants of OSCE Annual Conference to resolve Russian crisis for sake of future of Europe
19:39, 26.06.2024
Kuleba welcomes report of OSCE Moscow Mechanism on arbitrary detention of Ukrainian civilians by Russia
17:48, 25.04.2024
OSCE PA President speaks in Rada – MPs
13:23, 06.02.2024
Zelenskyy, OSCE Chair-in-Office discuss release of Ukrainian POWs, return of children deported to Russia
19:34, 02.02.2024
LATEST
Sybiha: Ukraine will never accept third country's veto power over its NATO membership
15:02, 04.04.2025
Official injured in car explosion in Dnipro dies in hospital, case opened under ‘terrorist act’ article
14:14, 04.04.2025
Sybiha meets with Rubio, informs him about Russia's violation of energy ceasefire
13:44, 04.04.2025
Nova Poshta opens branch in Madrid
13:44, 04.04.2025
Trump-Putin talk could take place in coming days – media