NATO-Ukraine JATEC Center should be fully operational in coming weeks – NATO’s senior rep to Ukraine
The NATO-Ukraine Joint Analysis, Training and Education Centre (JATEC), deployed in the Polish city of Bydgoszcz, has already begun work and should be fully operational in the next few weeks, said Patrick Turner, head of the NATO Mission in Ukraine.
“I was there, in Bydgoszcz, last month and I think there is good progress towards establishing JATEC. There are excellent Ukrainian colleagues, and more Ukrainians will be coming in the next few weeks to join the team. It’s a strong team and it’s already doing work now and there will be an ambitious program of work for the next year,” Turner said in an exclusive interview with the Interfax-Ukraine news agency.
Answering a clarifying question on whether JATEC is already fully functioning, Turner said that “we expect the Centre to begin working on the tasks assigned in the next few weeks.” ‘But I recommend that you speak with our military colleagues, for further details,” he added.
Advertising
Advertising
MORE ABOUT
On February 21, Kyiv Security Forum will hold a special event
09:00, 20.02.2025
Urgent work underway to provide Ukraine with 20 air defense systems – Turner
16:57, 20.12.2024
NATO's Senior Representative to Ukraine: Our absolute intent is to continue to support the Ukrainians into the future
15:40, 20.12.2024
Stefanishyna: We hope allies' decisions at NATO Summit to enshrine irreversibility of Ukraine's path to join Alliance
18:54, 20.06.2024
NATO developing plan to help Ukraine worth up to $100 bln
21:26, 02.04.2024
LATEST
Work on contingent as part of security guarantees carried out not only with UK, France, to continue for another month – Zelenskyy
21:02, 04.04.2025
Nova Poshta to open 135 new branches in Europe by late 2025 – CEO of Nova Post Europe
21:00, 04.04.2025
Meeting of Chiefs of Staff of Ukraine, UK and France marks start of new important work – Zelenskyy
20:56, 04.04.2025
Zelenskyy: Six children among 14 killed in Kryvy Rih
20:26, 04.04.2025
Death toll in Kryvy Rih missile strike rises to 14, incl 5 children