There are indications that North Korea soldiers killed or wounded in Kursk region
Washington has information that North Korean soldiers were killed and wounded while fighting against Ukrainian forces, Pentagon spokesman Major General Pat Ryder said.
"We do assess that North Korean soldiers have engaged in combat in Kursk... we do have indications that they have suffered casualties, both killed and wounded," he told reporters on Monday, according to Reuters.
Ryder said he did not have details on the number of North Korean casualties, but added that North Korean troops entered the battle last week.
Earlier, the press service of the Main Intelligence Agency of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine stated that units of the DPRK army lost at least 30 soldiers killed and wounded in the assaults in Kursk region of Russia on December 14 and 15. It is also reported that at least three North Korean servicemen went missing in the area of the village of Kurilovka.
Advertising
Advertising
MORE ABOUT
Putin expects Trump to force Ukraine to make concessions he wants
19:17, 03.04.2025
Denmark announces new military aid package for Ukraine worth DKK 6.7 bln in 2025-2027
14:32, 03.04.2025
Poroshenko's application for business trip to US submitted to Rada back in Feb, speaker knows about it - European Solidarity
10:58, 03.04.2025
Rutte: Sybiha to inform us about his views on process of achieving just peace
19:13, 02.04.2025
Sirko on adjusting subsoil agreement: I don't know if it's diplomatically possible
20:27, 01.04.2025
LATEST
Trump-Putin talk could take place in coming days – media
13:17, 04.04.2025
US Ambassador Brink: USA trains over 2,000 specialists, provides necessary equipment for demining Ukrainian territories
12:59, 04.04.2025
Russia's top negotiator says progress made in talks to end war in Ukraine – media
11:51, 04.04.2025
Russia’s Moscow region attacked by unknown drones – Center for Countering Disinformation
11:40, 04.04.2025
Some 156 combat clashes recorded in 24 hours – General Staff