IV International Corporate Secretaries Forum
16 June 2016 Corporate Governance Professional Association (CGPA) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) will hold the IV International Corporate Secretaries Forum.
Worldwide the Corporate Secretary is one of the senior executives, who is responsible for coordinating the work on corporate governance in the company. Legal and administrative support of management and executive bodies, exchange of information among owners, managers, and shareholders depend on the person of Corporate Secretary.
Ukrainian banks and companies have been using the Institute of Corporate Secretary widely already. In Ukraine the corporate secretary’s activity is poorly regulated by national legislation, and the requirements are formed according to the best corporate governance practices applied in Europe and North America. The presence of the Corporate Secretary in the company significantly improves communications and makes the entire system of corporate governance more effective. The more transparent and clearer corporate governance is, the investor has more confidence in the company, so there are much more chances to attract funding.
Therefore, mastering the achievements of both Ukrainian and foreign colleagues is important not only for the Corporate Secretary but also for the entire company.
• Timur Khromaev, Chairman of the National Commission on Securities and Stock Market of Ukraine (NCSSMU)
• Max Nefedov, Deputy Minister of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine
• Olyana Gordyienko, Associate Director, Governance in Economics, Policy and Governance department of European Bank of Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
• Dmytro Parfenenko, Acting Head of the State Property Fund of Ukraine (SPFU)
• Oleksandr Okuniev, Head of the Management Board of the Professional Association of Corporate Governance (CGPA)
• Simon Osborn, Chief Executive, ICSA: The Governance Institute
• Ken Rushton, ICSA fellow; member of the Corporate Governance Committee of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales and Private Sector Advisory Group of the Global Corporate Governance Forum
• Alison Dillon Kibirige, Member of the UKRIAT Committee, Qualifications Committee and ICSA’s International Professional Standards Committee Corporate Secretary of Barclays Bank plc, Head Office London (1998-2002), Unilever (2003-2007)
• Oleksiy Povolotskyi, Head of the Department of the Corporate Governance / Corporate Secretary of the DTEK Group
• Volodymyr Igonin, Counsel, Vasil Kisil & Partners
Forum sessions will be held in the form of live panel discussions, during which participants will discuss innovations in the field of corporate governance in Ukraine, as well as the introduction of the Corporate Secretary, as part of reforms in corporate governance.
The forum will traditionally finish with the awarding ceremony "Corporate Secretary of the Year".
The event will be interesting for directors, shareholders, corporate secretaries, lawyers practicing in corporate law, specialists of consulting and auditing companies.
Date: June 16, 2017
Venue: ArtHall D12, Desyatynna st. 12
Participation cost 3980 UAH.
Contacts: +380 44 22-88-759 221 26 35 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, www.eventenvoy.com.ua http://www.eventenvoy.com.ua/calendar/6744/6745.html, www.cgpa.com.ua http://cgpa.com.ua/ru/zaxodi/kalendar-zaxodiv/iv-mezhdunarodnyij-forum-korporativnyix-sekretarej.html.
Organized by the Corporate Governance Professional Association (CGPA) and the International Finance Corporation (IFC).
Official Legal Partner Vasil Kisil & Partners
Official Energy Partner: DTEK
Partners: Company "EMCON" Company "DM", JSC "Kremenchug plant of road machines", "Kredmash"
Event-provider: Event Envoy
With support: NCSSMU, SPFU, NDU, UAIB, PARD, IBI-Rating
General TV partner: channel "First Business". General information partner RBC-Ukraine. General news media patner: Interfax-Ukraine. Legal Media partner: Legal newspaper. Media partner: finpost.com.ua