Russian court to consider measure of restraint for Hryb on Dec 15 - father
Russia's Krasnodar Regional Court has moved to December 15 a session on choosing a measure of restraint for Ukrainian citizen Pavlo Hryb, who is being held in Russia, his father, Ihor Hryb, has said.
"The FSB decided to complicate our life and postponed the court session on considering the measure of restraint for Pavlo until December 15, possibly to make sure that foreign diplomats could not get to the court," he wrote on his Facebook page on Wednesday, December 13.
Earlier, Hryb reported that the court would hold a session on a measure of restraint for his son on December 19.
As earlier reported, Ex-Ukrainian State Border Guard Service official Ihor Hryb said on August 28 that Russian special services had abducted his 19-year-old son Pavlo during a visit to Gomel, Belarus, where he went on August 24 to meet a girl whom he had met and talked to only on social-networking sites. It was agreed that Pavlo would return the same day. After he failed to return the next day, Ihor Hryb travelled to Gomel to look for him.
He said that in Belarus he had learned that Pavlo was on a Russian list of wanted persons in connection with a terrorist attack, and that a search had been initiated by the Russian Federal Security Service's Directorate for the Krasnodar region in Sochi.
It was reported on September 7 that Hryb was in a detention facility in Krasnodar, Russia.
On September 15, Pavlo Hryb's sister Olha Hryb said her brother was transferred from jail to hospital. According to her, neither Ukrainian consuls, nor Ukrainian doctors were allowed to visit the detainee.
Ukrainian doctors arrived in Russia on October 12 to examine Hryb, who is being held in a pretrial detention center in Krasnodar and does not receive the necessary medical care, but the Russian side didn't allow them to examine the Ukrainian.
On October 18, the Oktyabrsky District Court of Krasnodar (Russia) extended detention term for Ukrainian Pavlo Hryb until January 4, 2018.